Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Hungarian joke!

I know that many of my friends who do not speak the beautiful Hungarian language, are clueless regarding this phenomenon. I personally think the language is amazing. But I'll have to admit: it must be hard to comprihend for those not lucky enough to have it as their mother tongue. Let me express my sympathy with this little story (after this introduction the story itself looks really short... I do this all the time... anyway, here it comes):

When G-d gave out the languages to the nations, they came up to Him one by one, and all were given the language that suited them the most. The hungarians however came too late and there were no languages left.
- How should we speak then?! - they cried out to G-d despairingly.
- However you want - said G-d.
And it was so.

No comments:

Post a Comment